When it comes to configuring one or more Hue systems, iConnectHue for iPhone and iPad is one of the best recommendations the App Store has to offer. The app has definitely earned its price of 5.99 euros as well as the annual upgrade packages or alternatively the membership subscription.
Version 4.13 of iConnectHue for iPhone and iPad has been available in the App Store since yesterday. Included are, among other things, the Halloween animations, which are made available free of charge for about one month every year in October. But the Discotainment function has also received some improvements.
This is what iConnectHue writes about the Halloween animations
Following our yearly tradition, we’ve made our Halloween Animations available again! This year with two new great additions: “Spooky house” and “Ghost fire”, to make your house extra-spooky! As always, available for free until mid November, or, with Membership, available all year.
Hint: You can also put these on motion sensors and switches or timers, if you want some extra-scariness (with Membership or Animation Upgrade).
What to expect from Discotainment
The Discotainment function, which allows you to visualise your lighting to match the music, is now smoother, has more functions and offers new scenes. The scenes now show what they are doing via icons, and the scene view has been completely renewed.
In addition, this is available with membership or 2022 upgrade:
- Change sparkle effect length to up to 400%.
- Switch to random scenes via button or shake (in list)
- Magic Scenes can now be switched at once over all lights
- Improved strobe effect – now acts more like a real strobe
- A master brightness slider for quick brightness changes
Pro-members get additionally:
- Start/switch Disco scenes via iOS search or Siri Shortcuts
- Share Disco scenes with friends and family
- Duplicate your Disco scenes
- Change sparkle and strobe effect colour