I announced it quite a while ago, now it is finally available in the App Store and also in the Google Play Store. The latest update for the Philips Hue app, which at least fixes a few small things.
In the new version of the app, you can finally dim lamps directly in the room view again – to do this, you simply hold your finger down on a switched-on lamp for a long time and can then move your finger up or down to adjust the brightness.
Not yet part of the update are the dynamic scenes that Philips Hue promised for this summer. These will probably be unlocked with one of the next updates, I will definitely keep you posted here. Until then, you can take a look at all the new features of version 4.1 and then download the new update from the App Store.
- You can now tap and hold a light to adjust its brightness instantly
- You can now reorder the lights and scenes in a Room with edit mode
- Added scroll functionality in the Bridge-switch screen for users with multiple Hue Bridges
- Made it easier to select and change the color of a single light in the color picker
- Improved the way Wake up and Go to sleep automations are displayed
- Improved the way unselected lights in the color picker are displayed
- Fixed more than 20 bugs
- Improved performance throughout the app
- Fixed an issue where push linking would fail in rare cases
- Fixed an issue where HomeKit scenes wouldn’t export
- Added an error message when HomeKit syncing fails due to an invalid name