Yesterday evening, Philips Hue released another update for its app. Version 4.29 is now available in the App Store. Attentive readers will notice that version 4.28 has been omitted. According to my information, there were major problems with this version, so it was not even considered for release.
In the end, however, it doesn’t make any difference, because this version probably wouldn’t have offered any major innovations anyway – and now we’ll continue with the next update. Here is a small overview of what Philips Hue has built in for us:
- Optimized the size of the app to make your updates download and install faster.
- Check out Wellbeing in See what Hue can do. Find it in the Explore tab.
- Find the right scene in the Hue scene gallery! The new search function lets you search by color, default dynamic speed, name, or category.
- An easier sign-in experience! Sign in to your Hue account on multiple devices without needing to push the button on your Hue Bridge. This feature will roll out to users gradually in the coming weeks.
- And…did you know that if you make a Hue account, you can control your lights from anywhere in the world?
- Fixed an issue when sharing scenes via iMessage.
Most interesting is definitely the fact that you can now simply log in with your account on a new device to get access to the Hue installation. Previously, you always had to press the button on the bridge.